|Event||Dates (see calendar for actual date)||Fees||Location||Type|
|Walnut Creek All City Meet||End of June||Splash fees apply||Dana Hills||Sign-up|
|Blackhawk Last Chance Meet||July (after DCSL)||YES||Blackhawk Country Club||Sign-up|
|County Meet||August - end of season||NO||Acalanes High School||Only for swimmers with qualifying times|
Walnut Creek All City Meet- Heather Farms: All City brings families together to participate in a community event where you can choose your own two events to swim.
Blackhawk Last Chance Meet - Blackhawk County Club: This meet comes after the DCSL League meet and before the County meet. It is considered a last chance meet if your swimmer is trying to make a county time and also a great practice meet for swimmers who plan to attend the County meet.
County Meet - Acalanes High School, Lafayette: Any swimmer with a county qualifying time may enter this meet.
What is an invitational meet?
An invitational meet is a swim meet against MANY different swim teams. This season there are seven invitational meets. Invitational meets are not held at Livorna pool.
Types of invitational meets: Sign-up, Sign-out and Qualify
- Sign-up: For a “Sign-up” invitational a swimmer must sign up online and pay splash fees and/or race fees for each event they enter. A swimmer may choose the events they wish to swim.
- Sign-out: For a “Sign-out” invitational the coach assigns swimmers just as for regular dual meets. If you will be out of town or are not able to attend you must sign out by the deadlines given above. There are no fees for “Sign-Out” invitationals.
- Qualify: For a “Qualify” invitational, the swimmer must have a qualifying county time to be eligible to swim and may only enter in events in which he/she has qualified. As with sign-up meets there is also a form to fill out in order to enter this meet.
Do parents/guardians need to work at the Invitational?
Yes , invitationals are NOT part of the team jobs that families sign up for. Generally, there is a timing requirement for each team attending the invitational. The timing shifts are divided between the families with swimmers attending the invitational.
How do I get more information on invitationals?
- On the website: Information on each invitational will be posted on the Livorna website under the event on the events tab. Forms and other information about the invitationals will be posted there.
What do I do after I sign up for an Invitational?
After you have signed up and the deadline for sign-ups has past, look for the meet entries to be posted at the pool and on the website. Check to make sure your swimmer is entered in the correct age group and event. If there is a mistake contact the Invitational coordinator. Work assignments and more information will also be available before each invitational at the pool and on the website. There will be a schedule with work assignments and information on the team area and warm-up times.
What do I do when I arrive?
These are large meets with many teams swimming. Usually each team has a designated area. These areas will be posted at the pool before the invitational when possible. If not, look for the Livorna area when you arrive and save a spot for yourself. It is a good idea to bring a chair. Programs are available for about $5 and usually list the approximate times for each event.
Are there shepherds at Invitationals?
NO. There are no shepherds at these meets. You must check your own child into the “Clerk of the Course”. Listen to announcements as to what event they are seating. Some of the Invitationals post a signboard that lists the current event they are seating. When it is time to check-in, take your swimmer to the Clerk of the Course area and make sure an official person checks them in. You may write the heat/lane on your swimmer’s hand. Also make sure you know where the swimmers are exiting after they swim so that you can meet them after their race with their towel.
What should I bring to an Invitational?
- Blanket and / or chairs
- Cooler with water and snacks. They sell plenty of food at these meets too if you prefer.
- An umbrella (We also bring the canopies from Livorna but sometimes there is not room for everyone)